Sunday, August 17, 2008

THE FIRST DATE!!!!

So a few days later I had a good friend ask me if I could get someone to go on a double date with him and a girl he met at a cafe for that night. Angela immediately came to mind. I went and asked my roommate that had been in the ward for a good while for her number. After a few minutes of pacing back and forth and pumping myself up I finally called her and got her voice mail. I asked her what she was up to that night and told her to call me back. A major detail I had neglected was that she was camping that night with some friends which she told me on Wednesday.  So, I am with my friend and we are trying to find a campsite that isn't full and I haven't had service on my phone for a good while.  Since we were meeting other people we drove back down to where we had service to give directions to the rest of the group.  When I looked at my phone I had a message.  I didn't recognize the number so I checked it.   She called me a few minutes later and reminded me of that detail but added, "but I'm free tomorrow." I was so nervous  i just said, "Ok, i'll talk to you later than" and hung up. As soon as I hung up I felt so stupid but i was too embarrassed to call her back.  I'm free tomorrow was an invitation to do something some other time and I thought that he must have just called because he was bored then and I was the only girl that he knew so far.  Then I got to thinking and wondering about how in the world he got my number.  I realized that he had gone to some effort of either asking someone for it or looked it up in an old ward directory that was in his apartment.  Luckily the next day he called again for a date.  I thought it was interesting and I thought that this could be fun but I didn't want to get my hopes up.  We went out to eat and then on a walk.  we talked the entire time and it wasn't awkward at all.  Finally!!  OH and we went hot tubbing too. It was the best first date I ever had by far. 

12 comments:

april said...

Congratulations you 2! We Love U!

The Thomas Family said...

Ohh you guys are way too cute together.
Love the new blog. Fun to read about your hook up. That's far more desciptive then I got out of Mike over the phone when you all first started dating. No offense Mike.
Can't wait for the big day! It's gonna be great! Love you guys!

Maddie said...

You guys are so cute! I am excited to come to the wedding!!!!!! We love you guys!



Maddie

JLMartin said...

So cheesy! but fun that you wrote it down...so did we. can't wait to meet mike.

The Drussel Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. You two llok SO CUTE together!!

Matt Haroldsen said...

Cute picks Mike and Angela!! I just checked them out along with momma on my side...We love you both and hope all is going well with your plans for your wonderful day!!

Have a great day!!

The Balmer Family said...

Cute blog, cute couple! Sorry I missed your call this week, I have been in Cali w/ my in-laws. I will call you this week. Love and miss you! Sarah

Kat Rose said...

Great blog! I can't wait for the big day.

Kari said...

Um I am very offended that we haven't made your family list. This is Kari, Matt Hobson's wife, by the way. So if you could get on that, that would be great. Thanksss. And if you ask nicely, I will even add you to our (MY) blog! We just got your announcement today, and you got the honor of being on our refrigerator. I even kicked my friend's old announcement off for you! Congrats! (on the whole marriage thing, not necessarily the fridge. ok maybe both.)

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you guys! Magical things happen at The Crestwood Apartments!!

Amy said...

CONGRATS ANGELA & MIKE! I was SO excited when your mom called for our address! You guys look great together and I love the story of your meeting! email sometime: amylords@gmail.com

Crouch6 said...

Hey Angela,

Congratulations to you both! Can't wait to see some pictures. Glad you are doing good!

The Crouch Family